.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lesson In Love


Lots of people can tell you life lessons but until you experience them for your self. It can not be put in perspective like you think it will be until it happens. I just had a very big life lesson taught to me this weekend. You dream about and talk about the biggest engagement ring, the fanciest wedding, and all of the stuff that goes along with getting married. Then you get married and wonder what you did all that for. It's funny how you think back about the whole thing.


My husband and I did not do the whole big wedding thing. We went away to a quiet beach in the rain forest. Just him and I. We wanted the day to be just about us. The day. What we were vowing to one another. Changing are lives. Beginning our life as husband and wife. It is a day that we still talk about. A day that after we go to someones wedding we giggle in each others ear that ours was better and that it was just about us. Then on the way home we relive the that day again.


I do not have the biggest engagement ring but it is the biggest best one in the whole world to me. The best fanciest ring but most importantly it is the ring that my husband wanted me to have. The one he worked hard to save for. The one he designed for me. One like no one else's because of the day he placed it on my finger. The amazing moment in time that we said our vows and once again that ring was slipped on my finger.


This weekend my ring was taken from my home. I thought I miss placed it. I looked. I searched. I turned my home upside down. Finally the moment came when I had to tell my husband that my ring was not where it should be. It was hard to face my husband who put so much love in the idea of this ring not to mention the hard work that he had done to get this ring that its now gone. Do you know what he said? Its just a ring. We are still married. I still love you. Of course he immediately began helping me to look for it in case I had miss placed it but I didn't miss place it. It was taken but now with prayer and hard detective work it is back in it's rightful I mean leftful place. You know what I'm still married and I think we are better for it too. Love is not a ring or a thing it is a commitment to one another. My husband has been wonderful through this whole ordeal and we are closer now because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment