.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Relay for Life 2010


These events are so important! Not only because they recognize over 11 million cancer survivors, but they also educate the public about advances being made in cancer research and raise a lot of cash to furthur research and other programs.  Most people think these events are serious and stuffy, but we have a lot of fun!

I haven't got the totals for the entire event, but we had a great time!!! I was even able to raise $15.00 for my Jail Bail! LOL!

During all this fun we had a survivor banquette, which was a amazing and the food was delish! 


I was very honored to be the guest speaker, but I suprised myself.  I was up at the microphone spouting out facts and reasons why we should all volunteer at the American Cancer Society and I said something that has changed the way I look at my volunteering.

The American Cancer Society has been around for 97 years! NINETY-SEVEN years! Then I thought about what has changed in 97 years. We have made so many advances in technology that have changed all of our lives, but we have still not found a cure for cancer.  That is so sad, but it makes me want to do more to help!  I am not a doctor or a research scientist, but I can take one woman at a time and make them look like a million bucks! The Look Good... Feel Better Program is so much more than make up and hair, it truely gives women who are fighting for their lives a much needed confidence boost.

See, you don't have to dontate thousands of dollars or have a PhD to make a difference.  I bring my make up brushes and curling irons to the table, what are you going to bring?  Make a difference now, let's not wait another 97 years.

Everyone has a talent that could help get us closer to the cure.


No comments:

Post a Comment