.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic






Last week was the last time I will do Hands With A Heart for 2009. Hands With A Heart is a non- profit organization I started to pamper the parents of extended stay patients at Arkansas Children's Hospital. The pamper day is kinda like what the American Cancer Society's Look Good... Feel Better program dose for cancer patients.






The reason I started Hands With A Heart is because my older sister had a preemie baby that had to spend alot of time at ACH. I saw how that time took a toll on her as a mother. When you give everything and never recharge they have nothing left to give. When this happens it is harder for them to be the best parent and give the best care they can. Giving the best care to there children is the most important thing.






I have a few friends that help me with services that include manicures, hair cuts, and massages. We all donate our time and products for free. We do not charge for services or accept tips. In fact we try to collect and raise money for family packs. Family packs are what parents that were not expecting to be at Children's use for toiletry items.

No comments:

Post a Comment